7. Pope Francis was recently presented with a Mercedes-Benz M-Class based "Popemobile"
6. Mercedes-Benz produced both a hybrid vehicle AND an electric vehicle in 1906! Whaaaaat?
5. The unsung hero...or should I say heroine of the Mercedes-Benz name.
4. SMARTVILLE...A factory in Hambach, France where smart cars are made.
On July 1, 2011, smart became a subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz USA (previously distributed in the USA by Penske Automotive Group).
3. Mercedes-Benz on the Silver-Screen.
2. What does the three-pointed star mean? And wait...a FOUR-POINTED star was also registered as a trademark?!?
1. "The first car" was invented by Karl Benz...and we have one for sale!
In 1886 Karl Benz was awarded a German patent for the invention of "the first automobile" known as the Motorwagen. Karl's endeavor was actually financed by his wife, Bertha, but because she was a married woman, she was not allowed to apply for the patent. As the saying goes, "behind every great man, there's a sugar-momma..." or something like that. Anyway, we have one for sale!
That's right. We have a working replica of Karl Benz's Motorwagen for sale here at EuroMotorcars Bethesda. For $44,000 you can own a piece of automobile history! Or you can come in and snap a few photos during a service appointment (it's sitting in our Service Department at the moment).
Feel free to share this post, and if you have some interesting Mercedes-Benz trivia of your own, please comment below!